Coffee Revolution – University of Sheffield, Student Union
Asked to help bring the client idea’s together, Whiteheads provided the deign assistance for the industrial themed setting of the Student Union’s prestigious coffee bar.
Using Corian Ash Concrete to replicate the stylish urban concrete effect counter tops and with a clever use of timber and ceramic hexagonal tiles to create a 3D effect frontage, a subtle theme unravels.
Modular fixed seating booths allow for the space to transform and provide a performance area for student clubs and societies to entertain. The factory style industrial lighting and furniture provide a flexibility in mood and setting and the clever use of hexagonal tables is a fun way to accommodate both groups or individuals.
The works comprised:-
- Close collaboration with the client and their contractors.
- Design assistance for the overall theme and the counter seating metalwork and furniture in particular.
- Construction of the servery counter and rear display counter with Corian tops.
- Supply of decorative metal screens.
- Bespoke modular and fixed seating units.
- Industrial style tables chairs and stools.
- Soft seating, armchairs and dining chairs.
- Site installation.